[Asterisk-Users] asterisk load balance

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Sat Jun 17 11:30:18 MST 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Good grief I hate Outlook webmail. I can't reply inline.
Switch to thunderbird ;)

> Anyway, I disagree that all state info except hinting can be replicated. What about call transfers? If a call is sitting on pbx1, and the user transfers a call, if it goes to pbx2, Asterisk will complain that it cannot transfer the call as it doesn't know anything about it

Well, I'm not sure what the problem with call transfers is.  We have two
registration servers, in which the phones can and do register with either
server.  If one phone makes a call on one server, they can complete the
call with anyone else on their server, plus anyone on the other servers.
The server just treats the transfer and bridge like any other phone call.
If the phone is on another server, it hands off the conversation to that
server after the transfer.

And I think I'll address your NFS problems.  Are you doing that for
redundancy's sake or just for MWI?  If it's just for MWI, then you might
be better off setting up some scripts that drop some msgXXXX.txt files in
the user's "voicemail" box on the registration servers.  No need to
replicate registration to the voicemail server, that's just extra unneeded
traffic.  Plus, with something like that, you don't have to worry about
the voicemail nfs share dying and bringing down the asterisk network.  If
it's for redundancy, set up another voicemail server or two, and use DRBD
or some sort of sync tool between them, with the MWI script and you'll
have fixed the redundancy problem.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician