[Asterisk-Users] T1 + E&M

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sat Jun 17 10:53:57 MST 2006

Maybe of you guys know the answer to this:

We have T1's that come from both MCI and Global Crossing as channelized (24
Ports per T) with inband (DTMF) delivery
of ANI and DNIS (format = *DNIS*ANI*).  My old equipment was set for D4,
AMI, SF and Wink Start and so is Asterisk.  I've moved these T's to Asterisk
TE410P and inbound calls are arriving to external voice mail system
correctly (Dialogic D240-SC-T1) - with no issues with this part.

I guess you can recognize there are NOT PRI T1's - but old DS1

However, when the external voice mail system begins to dial out, it grabs
the port waits for Wink, but expects dial tone afterwards - so it sits there
waiting until the time-out and gives up.

My thinking is there should be an E&M singnalling that provides dial tone. -
Any clues?
I could not find a good description of the different types and their
operation.

=====================
Zaptel.conf

# Span 1: TE4/0/1 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" AMI/D4 RED
span=1,0,0,d4,ami
e&m=1-24        ; <= seems like my only choice (e&m)

# Span 2: TE4/0/2 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" AMI/D4 RED
span=2,0,0,d4,ami
e&m=25-48       ; <= seems like my only choice (e&m)

Zapata.conf:

; Span 1: TE4/0/1 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
; This is attached to CUST 3 VMS System
;
signalling =>em_w ; <= might be wrong choice (see below for others)
context=default
group = 1
channel => 1-24

; Span 2: TE4/0/3 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 3"
; This T1 is WorldCom Local 714 DID's
;
signalling =>em_w ; <= might be wrong choice (see below for others)
context=from-did
group = 3
channel => 25-48

=============================
I've searched for alternatives signalling types and found these.  But
nothing was found as to
exactly what happens during inbound or outbound calls - (is dial tone
provided or not)

a.. em_w: E & M Wink Start
a.. featd: Feature Group D (The fake, Adtran style, DTMF)
a.. featdmf_ta: Feature Group D (The real thing, MF (domestic, US)) through
a Tandem Access point
a.. fgccama Feature Group C-CAMA (DP DNIS, MF ANI)
a.. fgccamamf Feature Group C-CAMA MF (MF DNIS, MF ANI)
a.. featdmf: Feature Group D (The real thing, MF (domestic, US))
a.. featb: Feature Group B (MF (domestic, US))
a.. sf: SF (Inband Tone) Signalling
a.. sf_w: SF Wink
a.. sf_featd: SF Feature Group D (The fake, Adtran style, DTMF)
a.. sf_featdmf: SF Feature Group D (The real thing, MF (domestic, US))
a.. sf_featb: SF Feature Group B (MF (domestic, US))

Anybody have a clue for me

TIA

Bart