[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail with NFS

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 10:49:11 MST 2006

>Are you sure that a ro mounted volume won't behave in the same fashion as a
rw mounted one when the NFS server is >abruptly shut down?
>Have you tried shutting down the NFS server? Does Asterisk recover from
this?

Doug,

I have to say, my system has been working fine, but could not recall if I
actually tested a VM server crash, so I did a test and even with ro mounted
asterisk did not like that either.  I'm in the middle of some more testing,
so far things are a miss.  I do hate breaking things just to counter the
"what if's" but it is better to be prepared than asleep at the wheel.

JR

JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses