[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail with NFS

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Jun 17 10:30:47 MST 2006

JR Richardson wrote:
> Pococurante! Or Pococurante? Or you're a big fat poco!
>
> Damn Brian, I had to look this word up.
>
> SYLLABICATION: po·co·cu·ran·te
> Pronunciation: (pō"kō-koo-ran'tē, -rän'-, -kyoo-; It.pô"kô-kOO-rän'te)
> ADJECTIVE: Indifferent; apathetic; nonchalant.
> NOUN: One who does not care; a careless or indifferent person.
>
> Thanks for expanding my vocabulary.

Actually, the Pococurante I was referring to was a minor character from
one of the Enlightenment's most famous novels.

Voltaire chose Pococurante as the name of a character in his famous
novel Candide.

http://www.pinkmonkey.com/booknotes/monkeynotes/pmCandide33.asp

Everything Lord Pococurante encounters is beneath him.  Despite being
surrounded by the trappings of luxury and high culture, he complains
that none of it is of any real value, or interest, to him.  He is too
good for the world.

B.

believed to be clean.