[Asterisk-Users] ODBC cdr tearing my hair out

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Jun 17 00:44:48 MST 2006

svn trunk.

I'm trying to get cdr to work with my odbc database. I have followed a
checklist that I had previously but still can't get it to work. There
are no errors (verbose 40 and debug 40), I get

[cdr_odbc.so] => (ODBC CDR Backend)
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/cdr_odbc.conf': Found

*CLI> cdr status
CDR logging: enabled
CDR mode: simple
CDR registered backend: cdr-custom
CDR registered backend: csv
CDR registered backend: cdr_manager

As I said there are no errors, but the cdr odbc does not show up :(

what is really strange is that I have also set up the same odbc database
for func_odbc, and registered my custom SQL functions and can access
these (the db manager shows that this session is connected)

cdr.conf
==========
[general]
enable=yes

cdr_odbc.conf
==========
[general]
dsn=mydsn
username=myuser
password=mypassword
loguniqueid=yes
dispositionstring=yes
table=PUB.cdr           ;"cdr" is default table name
usegmtime=no             ; set to "yes" to log in GMT

I must be missing something really really obvious here and would
appreciate any help

Julian