[Asterisk-Users] Two FXO: How to dial a number when a RING comes in?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 16 10:14:11 MST 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 12:19, Noah Miller wrote:
> ONE:
> You should answer an incoming zap line before doing anything with it,
> so do this:
>
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/2/014XXXXXX)

Why?  It seems clear to me that if the person dialed through Zap/2 does not
answer, that he does not want to answer the ringing line...

I think there may be a gotcha here for analogue zaptel interfaces, wherein the
ring will keep getting detected an keep (re)trying to dial, but having to
answer the zap line before doing anything with it (especially routing) is NOT
what I would consider standard operating procedure.

-A.