[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel dialing too fast?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jun 16 08:10:16 MST 2006

Curt Shaffer wrote:
> I have a situation when I dial out my Zaptel I am getting a recording
> that I need to add a 1 or a 0 and the area code with this number. I have
> tried appending this and the number going out the zap is 1NXXNXXXXXX so
> it is going out with 1 and the area code. Someone has suggested that
> maybe the zaptel is dialing too fast. My question is how can I add a
> pause before dialing to test this out. I am using freePBX 2.1.0, is
> there a way to do this in there or will this be a manual hack.

I'm not a Freepbx user, but your description of the problem sounds like
you need to add a "w" to the dial command. Its a fairly common problem
with some central office switches in their equipment is not ready to
accept dtmf tones as quick as asterisk begins sending them.

Your Dial statement should look something like this:
  exten => _9XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/w${EXTEN})
where the lower case "w" adds about a 1/4 second delay before dialing.

If that doesn't work, add more w's (like /www${EXTEN}