[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Cheap & Asterisk

Scott Pinhorne scott at mysecretworld.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 08:00:48 MST 2006

Hi All

I have setup my asteriks to use voipcheap.com for the outgoing trunk on
local calls (because they are free), my setup is below:

register => username:password at sip.voipcheap.com

[voipcheap]
type=peer
host=sip.voipcheap.com
domain=voipcheap.com
dtmfmode=inband
context=mycontext
allow=all
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
username=username
password=password

When I start asterisk I am able to make calls out via this trunk but
only for a certain period (random) and then after this I get a 503
Forbidden error, if i restart asterisk then it connects and it is ok
again for a certain period.

The logs show:  Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE

but how can this be if I am able to make calls for a while before hand,
I have tried playing with various settings but cannot get it constant,
if anyone has any ideas then I would be very grateful as it is doing my
head in now :-)

Many thanks
Scott Pinhorne
VoxIT.co.uk