[Asterisk-Users] T1 Copper or T1 Fiber Line

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jun 16 05:56:40 MST 2006

Chad Osmond wrote:

>T1 PRI's are (almost?) always copper.

Pretty much always copper by the time you see them. They might be fibre
from the box on the wall to the telco's luxurious mansion, but what you
connect to is almost certainly two twisted pairs, or two thin co-ax
cables (mostly the twisted pairs these days). In other words, the
difference is irrelevant to a subscriber.

Steve