[Asterisk-Users] Surprise!!! New sound files auto-downloaded to my system

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Jun 15 19:47:09 MST 2006

Sometime in the last 10 days the SVN build system (or was it the stable
build system?) changed to dynamically download the soundfiles instead of
including them with the downloaded code.

I didn't get any prompt the the soundfiles were about to be downloaded,
and to my great surprise on the next trip I made into voicemail, I now
have an entirely new set of sounds on my system.

I don't like them as well--the pauses between the various words seem
longer and more halting, overall more mechanical-sounding to my ears.

Can anyone fill me in on just what I did, whether this is the way things
are going to be in the future, and in general just what's going on?

Thx.

b.

believed to be clean.