[Asterisk-Users] Problem trying to SayDigits when an invalid extension is dialed

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Thu Jun 15 17:48:09 MST 2006

I am trying to modify a fairly complex digital receptionist dialplan
that has a number of included contexts.  Right now the system is not
announcing the extension that the caller attempted to dial, so callers
get confused when they think they dialed a valid extension but
asterisk didn't pick everything up.  I would like to have the system
announce the entension that they attempted to dial in addition to the
error message.  However, at the part where the error announcement is
made, the extension is set to "i", so I no longer know what digits the
caller dialed.  I tried inserting a wildcard extension before this
point that saves the dialed digits in a variable, but since my
wildcard extension matches everything, it no longer things that an
invalid extension was dialed, so it doesn't go to the "i" extension.
Is there a way I can erase the fact that an extension was matched?  Or
is there some other way of accomplishing what I am trying to do?

Thanks,
Carl