[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to Handle ComplexFailoverSituations

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Jun 15 11:50:40 MST 2006

Actually, I'd say I'm not a C programmer. In Asterisk 1.2.7.1, in pbx_dundi.c, function dundi_lookup_exec(), I Added this line:

pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(chan, "DUNDWEIGHT", dr[x].weight);

right below the two other lines that set the DUNDTECH and DUNDDEST variables. When I execute my DundiLookup application in the dialplan, the Asterisk console bombs out. I assume it's core dumping or something. I don't know why though as I only added another line like the ones above. The DUNDTECH and DUNDDEST variables are not being referenced anywhere else in any file.

ALSO... The DundiLookup application command has been deprecated:

Jun 15 12:44:14 WARNING[2935]: pbx_dundi.c:3872 dundi_lookup_exec: This application has been deprecated in favor of the DUNDILOOKUP dialplan function.

In favour of the DUNDILookup function. The DUNDILookup function does NOT seem to set the DUNDTECH and DUNDDEST variables, so it seems we have in effect gone backwards in functionality. In any case, I guess I'll have to try and figure out how to modify the string that DUNDILookup returns, which I'm sure will be harder than adding a new variable to DundiLookup()

Doug.