[Asterisk-Users] sip to h323 gateway ...

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 10:06:15 MST 2006

Nope, asterisk does the bridging. Asterisk can talk to SIP phones and H323
gateways/phones. It can also cross connect them.

Since I have SIP users plugged into asterisk, I have a dial plan that looks
something like:

exten => 100,1,Macro(local_sip_user,SIP/bill)
exten => 101,1,Macro(local_sip_user,SIP/bob)
exten => 102,1,Macro(local_sip_user,SIP/steve)
exten => _XXX,1,Macro(call_ccm,${EXTEN})
exten => _8XXX,1,Macro(call_ccm,${EXTEN:1})

So, if you dial 100-102, you get a sip call, but if you dial 103, it would
try to dial my CCM. If you dial 8100, it would call CCM anyway.