[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma driver and zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jun 14 23:53:04 MST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 06:28:38PM +0200, Mimmus wrote:
> Hi,
> using Sangoma drivers:
> - doing 'lsmod', I see:
>  zaptel ... wanpipe,wctdm24xxp,wctdm,wcfxo,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2
> I'd like to avoid loading all these modules. What have I to do?

Because you try to modprobe them all instead of just the modules that
are good for your system.

On redhats and such: set

MODULES="wanpipe"

in /etc/sysconfig/zaptel

In Debian:

add the modules you need to /etc/modules

> - do I need to have 'zaptel' startup script under /etc/init.d ?

It is useful to have it. But if you have it, you don't really need to
silly ztcfg alias at modprobe time that is known to cause illusion of
incorrect module load.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406