[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma driver and zaptel

Robert Roach robert.roach at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:25:27 MST 2006

Mimmus wrote:

>Hi,
>using Sangoma drivers:
>- doing 'lsmod', I see:
> zaptel ... wanpipe,wctdm24xxp,wctdm,wcfxo,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2
>I'd like to avoid loading all these modules. What have I to do?
>- do I need to have 'zaptel' startup script under /etc/init.d ?
>
>Thanks

AFAIK, there is no harm in not running the zaptel script if you are
using the Sangoma drivers.  To verify, first stop asterisk then unload
the zaptel drivers, assuming RHEL based system:

# service zaptel stop

Then restart asterisk.  If you have no problem running it w/out the
zaptel drivers then you can permanently disable loading of digium
drivers by first identifying the runlevel of the system:

# runlevel <- outputs current run level, for example '3'

Then disable loading of drivers with the command (again RHEL system):

# chkconfig --level 3 zaptel off

Alternatively, you could just remove the symlink in
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S09zaptel

HTH,

Robert