[Asterisk-Users] analog call progress - can I use backgrounddetect

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jun 14 18:31:46 MST 2006

Hi,

There seems to be no solution for call progress on analog lines
and using outgoing spool call files . My wave file starts playing before
the person has answered the phone so the first part of the message is
missed.

Can the backgrounddetect app be used for this. I have tried but
the message still plays before I answer.
I generated 60 seconds wave file.

[callprogress]
exten => call_cell,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=55)
exten => call_cell,n,backgroundDetect(silence_sixty_seconds,3000)
exten => call_cell,n,hangup

exten => talk,1,playback(demo-congrats)

exten => t,1,playback(call-no-answered)
exten => t,n,hangup

This is what I was playing with and it still jumps to the talk priority
before I answer.

Am I missing something?

Jerry