[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi Not Able to Handle Complex Failover Situations

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Jun 14 18:09:37 MST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Why doesn't the DUNDILOOKUP function return the weight of a path to a number? The CLI 'dundi lookup' command does. What about the mac address and expiry period? The CLI command returns those, but the DUNDILOOKUP function does not. Why?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DUNDi is doing all the failover work for you.
It decides based on the weights what route is best.  If you want one route
to be higher than another, set it up that way.  That's the benefit of
using DUNDILOOKUP to handle it, no more work for you after the initial
routing.

If that doesn't work for you, program the routes directly into the
dialplan instead of using DUNDi, it seems like you'll get better results
that way.  We did that for a while until we decided to move to DUNDi.
Some people will find it more suited to their needs, some won't.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician
amdtech at shsu.edu