[Asterisk-Users] Determining if extension exists

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Jun 14 13:38:18 MST 2006

All,

Is there a way I can perform a lookup to see if a given extension exists within a given context, on the local system? I could call Dial() and check the result of $DIALRESULT, but I'm thinking there should be a better way.

Note, that I don't want to use ChanIsAvail(). That's only for determining if endpoints, ie phones, are registered. It doesn't seem to work with extensions.

I am (trying) to use DUNDi. I'd like to perform a local lookup first (seeing as though DUNDi never returns the local system as a path, even when it's valid) before dialling the number via DUNDi if it isn't available.

Doug.