[Asterisk-Users] AddQueueMember and Local channels

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Wed Jun 14 04:16:46 MST 2006

Following on from a posting yesterday from Kevin, I have the following
in the dialplan:

exten => 709,1,AddQueueMember(SomeQueue|Local/706 at AgentQ)

I am on extension 706.

 From the CLI:

SomeQueue         has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s
holdtime), W:0, C:0, A:3, SL:0.0% within 60s
    No Members
    No Callers

I call 709, get a console message

  NOTICE[30879]: app_queue.c:3122 aqm_exec: Added interface
'Local/706 at AgentQ' to queue 'SomeQueue'

from the CLI:

SomeQueue         has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s
holdtime), W:0, C:0, A:3, SL:0.0% within 60s
    Members:
       Local/706 at AgentQ (dynamic) (In use) has taken no calls yet
    No Callers

Notice the (In use) on the member. When I call the queue, the call is
not passed onto the member, and there is no activity on the cli.
Eventually the call times out.

If I add SIP/706 instead of Local/706 at AgentQ then it all works as expected.

Any clues or help ? Many thanks !

Julian.

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
 > ----- Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
 >> Now, I want to be able to use a device, rather than agents. So I can
 >> use addQueueMember and add my SIP device. However, I still want to
do a couple of things before the device is called.

 > This is what the Local channel (chan_local) is for.
 >
 > If your SIP device is called "myfancyphone", then instead of adding
SIP/myfancyphone to the queue using AddQueueMember, add (instead)
Local/myfancyphone at members, and then in your dialplan: