[Asterisk-Users] AGI and Video

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Tue Jun 13 15:56:34 MST 2006

I've been using Asterisk for over a year now, and think I've pretty much got
it nailed form a voice perspective. We have just purchased a couple of Video
phones to start experimenting with IP video, with a view to eventually
building an IP media platform, such as Intel's HMP.

I have record/playback working in Voicemail, but am wondering what status
Asterisk's AGI (specifically the record/playback fuctions) are at.

A couple of other things that I'd like to be able to do with video in the
short term;

1. Build a video menu system to overlay an IVR (eg. press 1 for blah, press 2
for something else, etc.)

2. Connect to an H.264 (or other codec) stream (eg. take a streaming feed from
security camera, and attach it to an extension in the dialplan). I currently
do this with audio, so I don't see video as being a huge extension to this.

Has anyone got any useful links or documentation on any of the above?

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270