[Asterisk-Users] Hard drive write cache

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:02:38 MST 2006

The cold hard truth is that if Asterisk cannot achieve 99.999% uptime
without becoming much more expensive that a traditional PBX then it is not a
viable alternative.  Even elcheapo Key systems are rated for five nines.
That is what the telco world requires unless your just using Asterisk in
your basement as a hobby or as a one man company.

Redundant Servers is moving into the realm of non-competitive with
Traditional PBX IMHO.

I don't care about corruption of the CDR or any of the logging/database
information.  All I care about is the ability make phone calls after power
failure.  That IS the MAIN function of a PBX.  Not call centers, databases,
CDR, click 2 call, and all the other bells and whistles.