[Asterisk-Users] TDM-400 and dialplan -- how to ring a SIP ex tension *before* answering the PSTN line?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Jun 12 10:20:21 MST 2006

the caller is out his money anyway when you call any phone and voicemail
kicks in, although i think on a payphone they give you a 2 or 3 second
window to hang up.

Suggest you implement i'm here / i'm away dialplan logic or set the do not
disturb button that way when someone calls and the guy is away it hits
voicemail right away and the caller can hear this and still have the 2 or 3
second window to hang up  and get his $$ back. This emulates PSTN behavior
as close as possible but you have to train your users to hit the DnD button
when they walk away from the phonw.