[Asterisk-Users] Cell gateway for T-Mobile US??

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 06:51:33 MST 2006

In Europe, the 900 and 1800MHz bands are used for GSM. In the USA, the
800 (or "850" as some call it) and 1900MHz bands are used for GSM as
well as other protocols.

T-Mobile USA uses 1900MHz GSM exclusively, although they do have a few
territories in which GSM 800/850 roaming is allowed. So if you want to
connect a GSM gateway to T-Mobile, it must support the 1900MHz band,
and if you want to use it in some of T-Mobile's roaming areas, it
should also support the 800/850MHz band.

-Rusty