[Asterisk-Users] T1 passthrough/middleman

Mimmus dviggiani at tiscali.it
Sat Jun 10 09:06:29 MST 2006

I used this approach to gradually migrate from a legacy Alcatel PBX:
 PSTN E1 PRI --- Asterisk --- Crossed E1 cable --- Alcatel PBX
At first, Asterisk did nothing, only passing calls to/from Alcatel.
Then I started to use a bunch of SIP phones directly connected to Asterisk.
Now I have the great part of extensions as SIP phones and the old PBX is
working as a channel bank only for a few of analog devices.

Configuring the dialplan to do this dirty job is not difficult but now I'm
not able to help you because it's saturday evening and I'm at home!
Re-try next Monday.

DV