[Asterisk-Users] Trouble getting SMS working

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Jun 9 23:46:04 MST 2006

'sa' would appear to be the right option, as Asterisk in your case is
answering the call as the message center (the phone is the 'terminal
equipment')

Would the pap2 be doing anything funny like waiting for fax tones or
something before letting the tones go through?

What happens if you just pick up the phone and dial the message center
extension (199?)? Do you hear a (very) brief burst of tones?

Tinker with sending very brief 'play' samples through and see how soon
after you dial an extension you get the sounds.

I have a pap2 but no SMS capable handset, but I might have a tinker

James

${CALLERIDNAME})
> exten => s,5,Hangup
>
> I tried with a few different delays.
> But I will try with a few more.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mick.
>

> > > I tried putting in a delay like you suggested, but it had no
effect.

> > How exactly did you put the delay in? It should be:
> > Answer
> > Wait(1) (or .5 or whatever - just play around with it)
> > SMS(...)
> >
> > The original extensions fragment you posted didn't even have an
Answer