[Asterisk-Users] shutting down a mysql server renders cdr_mysqldead and asterisk nolonger makes or receives calls

Andrew Kirch akirch at allthingsit.com
Fri Jun 9 14:05:48 MST 2006

Not res_config_mysql cdr_addon_mysql.  All it does is log call detail
records. According to bug http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4749
cdr_addon_mysql should not behave in this way.  Therefore 1. there is no
realtime DB besides ASTDB storage of SIP phones, and 2. CDR is not a
life-or-death situation for asterisk, if it stops asterisk should
continue and replicate later (the year-old bug cited above states it
already does this).

Andrew