[Asterisk-Users] Fun with Echo

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Fri Jun 9 10:15:44 MST 2006

Steve Davies wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc at avtechpulse.com> wrote:
>>
>> Consider getting a Sangoma A200D
>> (http://www.sangoma.com/datasheets/p_a200-specs) with the optional
>> hardware echo canceller module. It "just works" for echo cancellation;
>> no tweaks required. It takes a while to figure out how to install it,
>> but once it's working it's great!
>>

> Yes, I must agree that hardware echo cancellation from Sangoma (and I
> am sure Digium and others) is excellent, but it does add to the cost
> quite significantly sometimes.
If you haven't had your client sign a waiver that there maybe echo
because of the cheap hardware, then don't use the tdm400p.  I've
wondered why the software echo can in zaptel doesn't go up to 1024 taps
and causes major problems at 256 taps.  The tdm400p cards don't have a
high port density, you'd run out of slots before hitting CPU barriers so
why not use some of those resources for an echo can with a longer tail?

Use either the sangoma cards with echo can, or get a tdm2400p with echo
can.  You will have happier customers if you do.