[Asterisk-Users] long distance ask for pin

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Jun 9 07:42:24 MST 2006

Pietro U wrote:
> On 6/9/06, *Doug Lytle* <support at drdos.info
> <mailto:support at drdos.info>> wrote:
>
>     Pietro U wrote:
>     > hi all i have my asterisk work perfectly thanks to you now i need to
>     > apply some improvements like PIN :(
>     >
>     > i need to add somenthing in here or in other section in the conf?
>     >
>     http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Authenticate
>

> yes but this is for extensions numbers, not for longdistance calls,
> because the same user can call in my city but i need to asterisk ask a
> pin when this people dial a longdistance

It's for use on anything you'd want to authenticate.  Extensions, Local
numbers, long distance, just about anything.

Your dialplan logic should indicate for example, 1 followed by 10 digits
or, if you are using a 9 to get an outside line, a 91 and then 10
digits, that it's a long distance number and use authenticate first.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: