[Asterisk-Users] incoming call from Zap: "early audio" problem

Rosario Pingaro rpingar at nesec.it
Fri Jun 9 06:32:37 MST 2006

My design is the following:

SS7_smgd[asterisk]Zap-----backtoback-------EuroISDN[Mediatrix box]----Sip customers

In this design I have a problem about early audio no passed from asterisk to Zap un the incominga cal from Zap.

I am sure SS7_smgd passes "early audio" to Asterisk because if I connect a sip client directly to asterisk I get it.

In extensions.conf I have for the calling incoming from zap and ongoing to SS7_smgd the following:
exten => _X.,1,noop
exten => _X.,n,Dial(WOOMERA/${EXTEN}|60|og)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

Nothing special.

On the mediatrix box, the audio is active, but nothing media arrives from ISDN PRI until the call get connected.

So the only porblem seems to be Zap.

Any thought on it?????

Regards

Rosario