[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Configuration

Sean Cook scook at kinex.net
Fri Jun 9 07:38:46 MST 2006

Damon Estep wrote:
> What you are proposing is quiet simple, and is done regularly. We
> provision Linksys Sipura ATAs via a perl script with SSL and client
> certificate authentication, as well as Polycom phones via XML file
> drops. The newest Polycom firmware also states that ssl is supported,
> but we have not made the conversion yet.

I don't want to go to each phone and provision it... I am already using
ftp provisioning for the polycoms, I would just like a simple
configuration tool that will build the xml files and drop them in the
ftp/tftp/http directory so that I can manage them from a web interface.
It is a simple task but one that requires time.

What I liked about the sipx tools is that it allowed for almost an asset
management tool.  Again... I have not found anything out there that is
very configurable.   What I am suggestion is a centralized tool that
will support multiple phone types and configurations...

sean