[Asterisk-Users] hangup lag causing the answering of already answered calls

Carey O'Shea carey at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 8 21:43:23 MST 2006

I have a TDM-400P with one FXO module. On an incoming call, I have set
Asterisk to dial my phone (exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/carey)), which is
basically the only thing in my dialplan.

When the call is answered by the PSTN phone first, or when the ringing
call is hung up, Asterisk keeps ringing for 5+ seconds, which causes
trouble (the answering of already answered calls).

I noticed in the Asterisk console that my phone is called twice every
time there is an incoming call. Is this normal, and could it be causing
this behaviour?

If not, any ideas as to what could be causing this? I can provide full
debug logs and my relevant configuration if needed.

Console log:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "IAX2/carey") in new stack
    -- Called carey
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "IAX2/carey") in new stack
    -- Called carey
    -- Call accepted by 10.0.12.102 (format ulaw)
    -- Format for call is ulaw
    -- Call accepted by 10.0.12.102 (format ulaw)
    -- Format for call is ulaw
    -- IAX2/carey-1 is ringing
    -- IAX2/carey-1 is ringing
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/carey-1'
  == Spawn extension (incoming, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'