[Asterisk-Users] PRI & Fax Passthrough

Callum McGillivray callummc at ains.net.au
Thu Jun 8 20:08:47 MST 2006

Hi all,

Just a quick query about something that my manager has asked about.
While I have talked with Asterisk people about this before, I forget the
actual answer.

We currently have an ISDN 30 installed on a Dell 2850, using a single
port Digium ISDN card.  We would like to add an analogue card, plug our
fax machine in and have Asterisk simply detect the fax and pass it
through to the fax machine on the Analogue line.

I have heard mixed reports from everywhere about this - so I'm just
going to ask for people's experiences.

Has anyone got anything good / bad to say about this kind of install ?
Does it work, not work ?  If it works, is it reliable ?

Thanks to anyone who has the time to answer this.

Cheers,

Callum