[Asterisk-Users] Quad T1 Card

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Thu Jun 8 19:43:31 MST 2006

Michael Collins wrote:

>> But the high dollars don't generally get you the high processing power,
 >> or a solid quality product (cough, Dialogic, cough).

[snip]

>I'm looking forward to OSS telephony software (and the "little guys with
>their little cards") taking the next step.  The possibilities are
>intriguing, to say the least.

[delurk]

What I'd love to see is a reasonably grunty DSP available on the cards
that is _user programmable_. There's some stuff a host processor isn't
particularly good at (at least at present... most CPUs have an inbuilt
FPU, but when do we get an inbuilt DSP?), and wouldn't it be nice to
have 100% stable fax reception because all the time-critical processing
is done in the DSP?

Lots of fun stuff could be made to happen :-)

Cheers,
    Nic.

--
Nic Bellamy,