[Asterisk-Users] Quad T1 Card

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Thu Jun 8 19:09:12 MST 2006

> But the high dollars don't generally get you the high processing
power,
> or a solid quality product (cough, Dialogic, cough).

Agreed.  It's another case of perception vs. reality.  Having "some"
processing power on the card is "always better" than "none" - or so many
vendors would have us believe.

I see this kind of attitude out there a lot: "Hey, this card has XXX
number of MIPS for its DSP handling - what does that Digium card have?
None?  Well, hell!  That makes our <fill-in-vendor-here> 4-port card
infinitely better than theirs!  So what if it's 4 times the price!  And
we'll even throw in a cheesey SDK for building Windows apps!  You do
know MFC, right?  Everyone who's anyone knows MFC..."

Uh... yeah.

I'm looking forward to OSS telephony software (and the "little guys with
their little cards") taking the next step.  The possibilities are
intriguing, to say the least.

-MC