[Asterisk-Users] Small form factor system w/PCI slot

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Thu Jun 8 17:04:29 MST 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to buy a small form-factor PC system for use with Asterisk
> and Hylafax in conjunction with a Eicon DIVA Server single-port ISDN
> card (needs full-size 5V PCI 2.2 slot, but PCI-X compatible). Use is
> very light - at most a single call at any one time. If the Mac Mini
> had a PCI slot I'd try to use that one, but oh well ;)

You mean PCI-E? If you really need PCI-X, then you're out of luck. PCI-X
is only available on server boards. For a single port ISDN, one of those
Mini-ITX boxes should work. I built something similar using a Mini-ITX
(1GHz CPU) with an AVM Fritz! PCI ISDN card using chan_capi. IIRC,
Xorcom has a TS-1 which is a SFF Asterisk server for <$500. BTW, I don't
think the Mini-ITX mobos can support PCI-E.