[Asterisk-Users] revisit to legacy PBX and CID over PRI

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Thu Jun 8 13:42:12 MST 2006

My legacy PBX accepts CID number, but not name.
My old PRI vendor never sent the name, so there was never an issue.

I have wedged asterisk between the Legacy PBX and PSTN.      PSTN - PRI - asterisk - PRI - Legacy.
Any calls from asterisk (sip and iax extensions) which have callerID set, will not connect.
The legacy PBX hangs up, but asterisk thinks that it is still ringing.

I have added "hidecallerid=yes" to zapata.conf and no longer have the problem.

But, now I have Legacy PBX users complaining about having no caller ID.

I tried this, but it still would not complete the call.
hidecallerid=no ;fix for no answer
restrictcid=yes
usecallingpres=no

I have also tried to make the callerid name null, but asterisk still tries to send the data.
I have also tried to dumb it down from NI2 to NI1, but asterisk still tries to send the callerID name in the PRI debug.

Is there a way to send callerid number and not the name?

ref. zapata.conf:

context=panasonic
swichtype=national
pridialplan=unknown