[Asterisk-Users] sip

undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com undrhil.1528785 at bloglines.com
Thu Jun 8 13:26:42 MST 2006

As silly as it sounds, I found the demo setup which was shown in the video
by Systm (www.systm.org - episode 5) works really well for testing these.
 :)

Once you get the SIP phone configured in sip.conf and you get the phone
connected, you can make the following context in extensions.conf to test.
 Make sure that whatever context you use in extensions.conf is the same that
you assinged your sip phone to.

[sip-ext]
exten => _x.,1,Answer
exten
=> _x.,n,Wait(2)
exten => _x.,n,Playback(tt-monkeys)
exten => _x.,n,Hangup

The file tt-monkeys.gsm is included in the standard asterisk install, so
it should play.  If you want to demo the system for a client, you might want
to go through the list of sounds and pick a more appropriate one.  :)  Also,
feel free to replace _x. with 555 or 1337 or something.  That way you can
tell that the system is getting the proper signalling from your softphone.
 :)

I downloaded, installed and configured X-Lite last night on my Windows
XP machine.  The only problem I ran into was trying to figure out how to tell
Asterisk the login name I would use (that's the "context" you define in sip.conf)
and how to tell X-Lite the IP address of the Asterisk machine (domain address
is where to put this.)

Good luck.  :)

Undrhil

--- Asterisk Users
Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
wrote:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phones
> Scroll down
and you will see a list of Softphones that you can choose from.

> best
way to test it, imho, use:
> 1. Echo test -
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Echo

> 2. configure another sip phone on another PC and call!
>
> you may also
"asterisk -r" on the asterisk server to get to asterisk CLI and
> see call
progress as you make calls.

wrote:

> >  hello
> > how can i configure asterisk to use soft sip
phone and when asterisk is