[Asterisk-Users] how to identify agi crash cause

Danish Samad danishsamad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:25:06 MST 2006

Hi,

 I have a custom agi which at times does not exit gracefull and crashes in
between. The logging options are set to the maximum but I dont see something
conclusive in the asterisk log.
I have noticed it crash after issuing the "SAY NUMBER" and "GET DATA" agi
commands and the agi is spawned with no apparent reason after that. I tried
running the application locally and debugged but could not reproduce the
problem.

 I also tried enabling core file generation by specifying the following
command in /etc/profile "ulimit -c unlimited > /dev/null 2>&1" but to no
avail, I did not get any core file in /tmp or other locations. Can any one
suggest a way to get a core dump of crashing agi's or some other way I can
isolate the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Danish