[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing call bridging

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Jun 7 01:25:15 MST 2006

On 6 Jun 2006, at 05:05, mawali at news.icns.com wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It would be an external program. I have been
> looking at the originate manager command, but it looks like it
> would not bridge 2 external numbers. One of the number has to be a
> local extension. Suppose I want it to dial 2 number on zap and then
> bridge them, I probably would still have to do a dialplan gimmick,
> is that right?

Well not really gimmick, originate has done the hard part.

So, lets say you want to call
555-666-777 and bridge it with a call to 111-222-333

you'd put something like this in extensions.conf:
[globals]
TRUNK=iax/myprovider

[out-bridge]
exten => _[0-9].,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})

Then you have originate make a call to iax/myprovider/555666777
and pass it

  context = 'out-bridge'  exten =  '111222333' priority = 1

If you use the same provider and technology for both legs
of the call, you may get lucky and your asterisk can
re-invite the call, so that it is no-longer in the
media path.

Then again, if you get unlucky the provider's billing software
may get confused by this.....

Tim.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com