[Asterisk-Users] A@H / Trixbox Question

Johnny Stork stork at openenterprise.ca
Tue Jun 6 22:07:53 MST 2006

I thought I could try to post this question here since I have at times
found excellent support here on A at H issues as well as pure/straight
digium/asterisk issues. I am looking to finally build a permanent
asterisk server and would prefer, if at all possible, to stick with the
"new" A at H called trixbox. Does anyone know if the CentOS behind trixbox
is a relatively complete CentOS system? I have various other gateway
services I would liek to run and would like to consider it a full-blown
CentOS system, where I could use any/all docs/guides/updates etc, as for
a stand-alone CentOS install?

Or, am I better off simply installing CentOS (latest), and do a
bare-bones asterisk/hudlite etc, install? I have only installed asterisk
through various version of A at H and would like to avoid a painfull,
lengthy manual install and configuration, as well as managing updates.
Trixbox now uses tidy, simple binary rpms for updates so this will go
along ways to ensuring stable/simple/quick upgrades.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Johnny Stork
Open Enterprise Solutions

http://www.openenterprise.ca