[Asterisk-Users] Zork and Asterisk

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jun 6 13:09:39 MST 2006

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/05/play_zork_by_phone.html

Let me preface this idea with one comment: I don't have the time to
do this - I don't even have time to eat these days.  But someone out
there has the cycles to do this... and it would be very cool.

OK, so now Zork is attached to Asterisk, but using the
less-than-clear Festival engine.  There are beta tests of the
LumenVox speech recognition engine out there which tie directly into
Asterisk.  Allison Smith (the voice of Asterisk) would almost
CERTAINLY do a great dramatic reading of all of the text blocks
within Zork.  I see an excellent opportunity for a demo server on
some CLEC who would love to get some $ by opening up a few DIDs to a
huge recip comp traffic load.  Even if it's just available via IAX2
or SIP, this would be one of those "legends of the Net" in the next
few years...

JT