[Asterisk-Users] app_flite.so

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Tue Jun 6 12:41:17 MST 2006

Hello all,

I'm playing with app_flite, as I'm sure you've guessed. I have the
sources compiled and running, headers and libraries in their respective
places. I then compiled app_flite without any problems or errors. When I
try to have asterisk execute the module, I get the following error

Jun  6 15:29:06 WARNING[3197] loader.c:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_flite.so: undefined symbol: new_voice
Jun  6 15:29:06 WARNING[3197] loader.c: Loading module app_flite.so failed!

I'm betting it's a problem with the module not being able to find some
lexicon or something, but I dont have any instructions as to what the
problem could be, nor does google show this error as common result.

I'm using Asterisk version 1.2.1

The one other tidbit is that when I ran "make install" for the flite
sources, it errored with
Installing
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
mkdir -p /usr/local/lib
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/flite
/usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 include/*.h /usr/local/include/flite
make: *** lib: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [install] Error 2

Thanks!