[Asterisk-Users] DTMF feedthru again...

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jun 6 10:47:25 MST 2006

Tried that makes no difference. Did it for you? What DMF method(s) are you
using. Looking at a goggle search yields lots of talk on this but no real
solution. Apparently there is an rfc2833 issue and * is working on it???
Also it appears the codec used might be an issue. This is a serious
problem in my book. It precludes me from using any DTMF over PSTN with *
at this point.

Any further help or explanation would be appreciated.

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Tom Vile wrote:

> try setting dtmf playback length to .5 in the admin section of the
> Sipura and try again.
>
> On 6/6/06, Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:
> > Ok trying this again... is there anyone using the SPA-3000 with * ????
> > I am not sure if this is a specific problem to it or not. This is
> > something I really need to fix!!!
> >
> > When dialing out using * interfaced to an SPA-3000, fxs,fxo, I cannot
> > access (reliably) DTMF menus at the called party, after call completion.
> > Dialing DTMF is fine.
> >
> > I checked by calling myself. Listening to either end on a completed call,
> > and pressing a DTMF button on the opposing phone results in an audible
> > click and very little if any audible DTMF energy being heard.
> >
> > What is muting the DTMF??? Does * have anything to do with this? I am
> > not using any dial flags.
> >
> > I tried 'inband' in all places with no difference. At one point this
> > seemed like a * feature problem and I thought removing dial flags fixed
> > it but that does not now seem to be the case.
> >
> > How can I fix this???
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > ****************************
> > *  Doug Crompton           *
> > *  Richboro, PA 18954      *
> > *  215-431-6307            *
> > *                          *
> > * doug at crompton.com        *
> > * http://www.crompton.com  *
> >

> --
> Tom Vile
> Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
> Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
> www.baldwintechsolutions.com
> Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
> Fax:     518-631-2856

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *