[Asterisk-Users] More Level QueueSystem

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Mon Jun 5 23:03:20 MST 2006

Hi Patrick,

Let me see if I am following you here. When a caller calls in, obviously
you want them to be in the first queue level based on your dial plan.
Now, how do you want the caller to reach the next queue? Is the only way
a caller going to go to the next queue via a transfer from the level 1
attendant? If so, I would make the dial plan like this:

123,1,Answer()
123,2,Queue(1stLevel,t)

124,1,Answer()
124,2,Queue(2ndLevel,t)

125,1,Answer()
125,2,Queue(3rdLevel,t)

This provides a few different things that it looks like you are going
for. One, it will allow separation of each queue level. So when the
attendant in level 1 needs to transfer to a level 2, they just transfer
to the new extension and the caller is moved to the new queue. Also, if
say queue 1 is closed, this will prevent callers from gaining access to
higher queue levels. Also you can add NoOP statments to record items, or
an AGI script as well before the caller enters the queue so you know
what happened.

The return codes are as follows:
0 means that the queue is full, emtpy (no members present) or doesn't
exist.
-1 means that caller hung up....but if the call is bridged then it means
either of the parties could have stopped the call.
1 I think means the caller entered the queue without a problem. I don't
think that will be returned.

At least that is how I understood everything.

Kevin