[Asterisk-Users] Local vs. toll Dial Plan

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 5 15:36:20 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 06:19:31PM -0400, Doug Crompton wrote:
> Oh I guess you did not understand my question. Of course I know I have to
> present the list to *. My question was is there a more efficient wat to do
> it then to have 10's of exten's - maybe as many as 100 in the outgoing
> dial plan. I was hoping there would be a more efficient way such as being
> able to use and external database and refer to it in one line in *

I don't have much exprince here, but I'd say that 100 is not a large
number.

What exactly are you trying to optimize here? How much time of the call
setup is spent on that lookup? I tend to believe that not much. You
don't have much to save.

Maybe even the mere generation of an external connection will take time
that is comparable with that (don't know, jut tossing out numbers).

Maybe you can also optimize it by grouping common cases to patterns.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com