[Asterisk-Users] Re: Prices of g729 codec

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jun 5 12:48:37 MST 2006

KPF> I have proposed that a number of times internally, only to be
KPF> told (vehemently) that customers would never go for it. That
KPF> includes responses from our distributors and channel partners,
KPF> among others. It would also dramatically increase the cost for
KPF> people buying one or two licenses, so it would have be an
KPF> 'alternate' registration means if it existed.

(By the way, why is there no In-Reply-To: header in your messages?)

The dongle already exists, it's called a USB ethernet port. It will
probably be difficult to find a less expensive hardware dongle than
that.

That is assuming that you can pick which ethernet port that the
license binds to of course. We do have some g.729 licenses in the
company I work for, but I haven't looked into how it actually works.
We aren't currently using them anyway.

/Benny