[Asterisk-Users] Prices of g729 codec

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jun 5 12:30:04 MST 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> How hard is it to use a removable ethernet card for this type of usage?  Also
> a USB ethernet if with Linux drivers should be usable for the 1U rackmount
> use case where all internal slots are in use.

Depending on the type of server chassis, it may not be an option.  Also,
the g729 security code looks at all ethernet interfaces recognized by the
kernel...so if you went the "only use removable ethernet card" route,
you'd probably have to avoid using the same chipset as any of the built-in
interfaces.