[Asterisk-Users] Config Revision Control

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Jun 5 09:57:30 MST 2006

Hmmm. What do you do with other files such as AGI scripts, sound files, or music on hold?
Do you maintain separate trees for each of these? If you do, to completely update a system, don't you have to check out etc, agi, sound and moh all independantly?

Ideally it would be good if you could put it _ALL_ under a single tree, and then put Asterisk in a chrooted envionment. Then you could check out and update the configuration all in one go.

While I was playing with svn, it was driving me nuts. It would ALWAYS re-create the current directory, even if I said to check out all files from inside that directory. Means if you went to /etc/asterisk and checked out asterisk, you'd get /etc/asterisk/asterisk. Yuk.

Doug.