[Asterisk-Users] RE: Size limitations of extensions.conf

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 09:24:16 MST 2006

Asterisk support the concept of "configuration engine", this means
that you can write a configuration engine to get the data from
anywhere. The default configuration engine is "text_file_engine", that
reads the configuration from text files. This engine does not have any
limit in the code, so the only limit is the performance hit of
starting or reloading. Actually some limits exists for the size of
context names, nested includes etc, but no for number of lines.

Why dont use database engine? instead of large files?

Regards

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"