[Asterisk-Users] fine-tuning asterisk questions

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 5 06:52:20 MST 2006

----- William Piper <william.piper at gmail.com> wrote:

> My apologies, I didn't realize I was speaking to someone else.
> As far as I know the dialplan does not need to have the "j" option to
> do N+101. I'm using 1.2.7.1 without the "j" option and it jumps fine.

This is true in Asterisk 1.2.x, as the default in the code is to enable jumping (but the default in the sample extensions.conf file is to have jumping turned off). In Asterisk 1.4 the default in the code will be to have jumping disabled, and it will need to be turned on globally (or on an application basis) to use be used. In Asterisk 1.6 it will be gone forever :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer